Please note: Some of the links below are Amazon affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn a small affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
How to Write a Devotion
This workbook will take the guess work out of how to write a devotion and give you confidence as you complete your own devotion. What does this 35-page workbook offer?
- Clear teaching of the 5 key steps to writing a devotion or devotional blog post ready for publication.
- Numerous examples of each step, along with two examples of previously published devotions by Melanie Chitwood.
- Space for you to craft your own devotion, step-by-step.
- Confidence and completion with Melanie as your guide!
- 35 pages packed with content at the SALE PRICE OF $9.99!
Hundreds are already using this workbook!
One reviewer said, “One of the BEST how-to books.”
And another said, “This is a simple, organized and complete workbook with key elements, guidelines, and tips for writing step-by-step, well-written devotions. Chapters focus on sequential steps meshed with sample content to show/reinforce the teaching. Melanie’s heart and experience are weaved together, making this a very helpful resource and template.”
Melanie Chitwood, author of Harvest House books What a Husband Needs from His Wife and What a Wife Needs from Her Husband, has been in ministry for over 17 years as a writer, speaker, and writing coach/editor (formally with Next Step Coaching Services, now with Melanie S. Chitwood Coaching Services). She’s written hundreds of published devotions when serving with Proverbs 31 Ministries and with other publications and will give you clear guidance on writing a devotion or devotional blog post ready for publication.
How to Use Scripture in Your Writing
How to Use Scripture in Your Writing: A Quick Guide to Documenting and Writing with Scripture is the perfect guide for writers who need an easy citation style for documenting Scripture in their manuscripts.
Focusing on all aspects of parenthetical style documenting, this guide with over 50 pages gives you
- guidelines and examples for parenthetical documentation,
- explanation of epigraphs and long quotations,
- correct placement of all the parentheses, commas, quotation marks, and periods,
- knowledge of copyright and fair use policies, and much more.
Nothing screams amateur like an incorrectly documented manuscript!
Writers will have the tools they need to present a professional manuscript with Scripture references handled correctly.
In addition, author Melanie Chitwood gives you added guidelines using Scripture-related words, copyright statements you can copy and paste, and writing style guidelines for using Scripture. This is a reference book you’ll return to again and again.
SALE PRICE OF $7.99!
What a Husband Needs from His Wife
What do men really need from their wives? And what is the best way for wives to meet those needs? This engaging and thoroughly biblical guide demonstrates that a woman meets her husband’s needs most effectively by maintaining her own vibrant personal relationship with Christ. Filled with useful tools that will help women understand their husbands better, this enlightening resource includes
- biblical foundation for loving and respecting husband
- many personal examples and stories from real life marriages
- ideas for dealing with addictions, infidelity, and financial challenges
- explanations of personality types and love languages
- resources that offer help for the helper
A study guide at the end of the book makes this a perfect tool for individual or small group use. (Over 80,000 copies sold!)
What a Wife Needs from Her Husband
Building on the success of her book to wives, What a Husband Needs from His Wife (more than 80,000 copies sold), Melanie Chitwood now turns the tables and offers husbands practical ways they can love their wives more effectively and build successful marriages. Convinced that small changes can make a huge difference in a marriage, Chitwood provides an upbeat and inspiring challenge for husbands. Men will appreciate this “insider’s perspective” on the way a woman thinks about the relational topics that are most important to her, including ways a husband can
- assure his wife of his love
- learn to be an effective listener
- become more understanding of her thoughts and feelings
- grow as the leader, protector, and provider she needs him to be
- develop a richer sexual relationship
- overcome and grow through challenges
Perfect for individual or group use (small group question provided in book) by husbands of all ages.
NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible
When each day is filled with obligations, unexpected moments, and relationships, it is essential to know you are not alone. Find a friend on the pages of the NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women. Filled with insightful daily devotions written by Lysa TerKeurst and the Proverbs 31 Ministries team, the devotions in this Bible will meet you where you are—on the good and on the hard days, in the carpool line, or at the doctor’s office. God’s truth will help you maintain a peace-filled balance in spite of life’s hectic pace.
Amy Carroll and Melanie Chitwood, Contributing Authors
Features of the Bible:
- The beauty and clarity of the New International Version (NIV) Bible
- 366 devotions that will inspire you to live authentically as a woman of God
- Author biographies
- A helpful subject index